1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS3 black screen

Discussion in 'PS3' started by billard500, Feb 5, 2012.

1. billard500

billard500 Member

I have a problem. I have fixed the ylod and was playing some gmaes and watching netflex and know I can't play demo, can't use netflex, playstation home, etc. I get a black screen when I load games demos or app like home/life/netflex. I tried the format thing and restore options as well as reset etc and nothing seem to work. Is there something that I am forgetting? Any help would be awesome. I have update to 4.00 thanks to my sun. I am not Hdmi cames. Just the normal hook ups. I even tried turning my tv off and on. Nothing seens to work.

The playation boots up fine. I am able to surf the web and go to the playation store okay and facebook, etc. Graphics are great. Just black screen while trying to load home/life, netflex and trying to load a demo. Any demo for the matter.

PLEASE HELP ME

2. irootall

irootall Member

I have had this issue before. Put a disc based game in and try to load neflix. When the screen is goes black, eject the game. That worked for me.

3. Taboada

Taboada Member

Hi there, I cannot play demos as well, but the problem with my PS3 goes beyond, I cannot play most of my PS3 games even using the disks, I can only play COD Black Ops and FallOut. I`ve tried games like Metal Gear, Border Lands, Rock Band and others, but no luck.
    I have a PS3 Slim, I tried formatting the disk, restoring the system (both quick and full format options), I tried opening the console and verified all connections, turned the TV off and on, disconnected and reconnected the cables, updated the system, I don`t know what else I can do.

Please help!