1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS3 blackscreen, no YLOD, seems to work normally

Discussion in 'PS3' started by Eisherz, Aug 23, 2012.

1. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

Hi
    I got my hands on this PS3 slim, it seems to be working ok, recognizes a cable controller via USB and takes in discs, the only thing is that I can't seem to get the resolution set back, because no matter how I connect it to my 32" FullHD TV (HDMI or SCART cable) all I get is a blackscreen, I have already tried the power button reset method (holding down the power button until it beeps twice), just doesn't work. Anybody got some other ideas? If not I am going to trade it in Saturday, it's still under warranty.

2. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

Ok, after I found out the box was out of warranty (the idiot who owned it before me removed the warranty seal, he could have traded it in instead) I checked on this again, seems that this is some rare sort of YLOD, sometimes called the GLOD (green light of death), I managed to fix it by putting four 5-Eurocent coins over the graphics unit, now everything is working again.
    Oh, and I got access to two PSN accounts that were stored on the system.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2012