1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ps3 blu ray drive (no original)

Discussion in 'PS3' started by Jlilly, Sep 9, 2011.

1. Jlilly

Jlilly Member

So i kinda got swindeled on craigslist. Didn't know any better and took a ps3 on trade with no hard drive in it. Went to best buy got a hard drive. works great. I go to put a disc in to play>..... no blu ray drive in it either! I know each device has a key that you need to put on the new drive you buy. I don't have that original key. My Question is, is there anything i can do to get a drive in this thing???? Thanks. i know its probably posted and i think i have found that there is nothing i can do, but im hoping someone knows something i don't.

2. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

I think you misplace the Xbox 360 and the PS3. On an Xbox 360 you flash the drive with the original key. On a PS3 you need to swap the drive boards or you're screwed. If you don't have that board your PS3 is worthless.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2011
  3. Jlilly

Jlilly Member

Is there any way to buy a broken ps3 for parts and move what ever chip is on the motherboard with the key in it to my ps3. Then I would have a matching blu ray drive.

4. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

No.