1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS3 BluRay Drive Not Working at All, No Power to it

Discussion in 'PS3' started by hazza94, Jul 18, 2014.

1. hazza94

hazza94 Newbie

Last november my ps3 bluray drive stopped working. Prior to that, the blue light would appear only sometimes when there was a disc in. Eventually it got worse to where I had to restart 4-5 times until the blue light appeared. Finally, it stopped working completely and the drive does nothing. Can't insert/eject/read discs. It also cannot play games from PSN.

Could it be an issue with the logic board? How can I diagnose what the issue is?

2. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

If it's not only a broken cable and the PS3 is not jailbroken I would say it's not fixable, because it could be the drive board or the PSU or the PS3's mainboard or the drive itself or even a combination of these. Try exchanging the cables and if that doesn't help the PSU and if it doesn't work afterwards buy a new PS3.

3. hazza94

hazza94 Newbie

Could I buy a replacement drive and try to replace it by putting my drives logic board into the new one? If that doesnt work and swapping ribbon cables doesnt work, most likely it'd be the logic board correct?

Do you know if spare parts can be returned on ebay if it doesnt work?

4. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

No, it could be the PS3 mainboard or the sockets or the PSU or something else.

Depends on where you live and from whom you buy.