1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps3 clunking noise

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by thesquid, Feb 6, 2007.

1. thesquid

thesquid Member

I notice my ps3 makes a weird clunking noise when i play games. It is mostly apparent in madden, but it happens ion mostly all of them. I was wondering if i should be worried or if it is just the hard drive whirring about.

2. cashman91

cashman91 Regular member

i get that noise dont worry its jus the HDD spinning

3. Jlhfit

Jlhfit Regular member

UHHHHH..my ps3 is silent at all times.....

4. rickyricc

rickyricc Guest

the ps3 will never be completely quiet so saying it is, well im sure that aint completely true.. Its like a computer and cpu make some sort of noise even if it is just the hard drive.. So im sure ur ps3 does, its just ur to busy to notice..

5. sniper78

sniper78 Regular member

ya u here clicks once an awhile even when i turn it off after a little it makes the noise. It's just the hdd no biggy. I have 3 years for my ps3 to be protected so im fine.

6. Jlhfit

Jlhfit Regular member

actually Ive listened closely and I hear the hard drive a little, nothing noticable.. I also have the surround sound going when play too, so that might be why I dont hear anything.

7. Noamos

Noamos Regular member

I actually hear it on madden only, but to me it seems its the drive reading the disc.

8. Edgewise

Edgewise Regular member

actually i was pretty amazed at how quiet my ps3 is. I've never heard this clunking noise that you're talking about. But the first week i got it, i went over my friends house and turned on his 360 and damn that thing was like a jet in comparison, not to make fun or anything of the 360, I'm just calling it like I see it.

9. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

My SP3 is silent! I don't ever hear the HDD spinning... I am quit surprised

10. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

Yeah, the 360 is pretty loud. I don't have a PS3 as I am not a Sony fan (I am not a M$ fanboy either, I just got a 360 as I liked the first 'box, would buy Nintendo's offering but I haven't find one locally yet).

Anyway, my 360 sounds like a jet, its never been modified and I don't have an aftermarket cooler. When I start it, it vibrates a bit (DVD drive and maybe HDD up-spin) and is pretty loud the whole time its running.

Its good to hear the PS3 does not have this problem, and if/when it does its not as bad. :)

11. thesquid

thesquid Member

well from what i hear some have a noise some dont idk as long as mine works im happy :)