1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS3 controller wont charge

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by skates77, Jan 17, 2008.

1. skates77

skates77 Member

Hey guys
    My PS3 controller will not charge. If i plug it into the ps3 it works fine but it doesnt charge at all. If i plug it into my comp then the lights flash for about 5 seconds and then shut off. It wont turn on at all unless it is plugged into the ps3. when i click the ps button when it is plugged in, there is a solid line where it usually says how much battery is left.
    any ideas would be awesome
    thanks

2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. marcusita

marcusita Regular member

You could try pressing the reset button on the back of it,mine stoped working for no reason i reset it and it works fine now.

4. skates77

skates77 Member

thanks
    ya i tried that and still wont charge

5. ryanjafc

ryanjafc Regular member

maybe the battery is faulty or maybe somehow its come out of the connection inside(very doubtful though) but u never know, open it up and check it wont void ur warrenty, take mine apart all the time to spray.

take it back to where u had it from to replace.

6. marcusita

marcusita Regular member

It will void the warranty because its been tampered with,you may be lucky and return it without the person in the shop noticing it was open,but if they do you will have a broken PS3 controll pad and have to buy a new one.

If reseting it hasnt worked just take it back to the shop WITHOUT opening it.

7. ryanjafc

ryanjafc Regular member

there is no seal or sticker, just open the pad and check the wires just to see if they are intact or sumin, i dont mean rip out all of the inside coz if u take that back off the inside is still screwd downand u can see the battery, if you dont know what ur doing dont take the pad apart by all means i dont want the fault, but it shuldnt void because there are no seals and basically nothin to proove u have opened it, taken mine apart about 10 times now to spray and change the led colours.

8. marcusita

marcusita Regular member

It can void the warranty,if there is any sign of tampering like the screws,the faulty one has to go back to Sony.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2008
  9. ryanjafc

ryanjafc Regular member

just be careful then lol. nah just take it back as it is then m8 for a refund or replacement