1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS3 Controllers stops responding

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by gkmpb4, Apr 20, 2007.

1. gkmpb4

gkmpb4 Regular member

Has anyone had this problem. its starting to get worse, but I noticed it even more after this 1.70 update yesterday. I was in the PS store and all of a sudden the message came up asking do I want to exit. The controller stps working and only response I can g3et is if I hold down the ps button to either turn the controller off and back on, but doing that doesnt have any eeffect and only way to get it back is to turn off the ps3 and back on. Doesnt work if I have the cable connected to the controller either. Im getting worried cuz this is not normal. Sorry if its already in the discussion thread for ps3 problem

2. AJ56

AJ56 Member

Yep, happens to mine too. Had my system since launch. Its a problem. Sony knows too, but they refuse to acknowledge it. People will tell ya its your cellphone, wifi router, remotes, etc. causing the interference. But that is BS. A quick serch at Sony official Msg. Boards shows other have the problem as well. I dont think it can be fixed with firmware either cause they would of fixed it already. I had to go out and buy an extra long usb cord to play, and remidy my problem.

3. Sudds

Sudds Active member

My bluetooth headset causes my controller to shut off, so to play online i need to have the USB inserted.
    So i do think there is some interference there...

Last edited: Apr 21, 2007
  4. gkmpb4

gkmpb4 Regular member

Oh Ok, that may explain it. I have a bluetooth headset. My wireless router is in the same room as the ps3. but im wired.(PC has wireless adapter) And I also have a wireless keyboard and mouse. Not to mention my bluetooth capable cell phone. It still needs to be fixed though.

5. Sudds

Sudds Active member

Hopefully Sony will come out with an offical bluetooth headset, probably be more expensive, but at least there,ll be no problems with it.
    Either that or another firmware update. :-(