1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS3 Data type not supported

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by WSwan, Jan 5, 2008.

1. WSwan

WSwan Member

Hey, I had recently got a PS3 and quickly found out how to use Stage6 on it which is awesome. BUT I have run into some problems with some videos. After downloading a video and trying to view it where it was stored it brings up a page saying the data type is not supported. Which doesn't make much sense to me because Stage6 videos is just purely Divx data type and other videos work from the same site and user. http://www.stage6.com/user/jaq011/video/1499247/Samurai-X-Trust-1
    Here is one of them that says the data is not supported. Other examples are the other Samurai X Trust and Betrayal videos of that user.

If anyone knows this,has had this problem or can figure this out I'd appreciate the information

2. CKhaleel

CKhaleel Regular member

No.

It dosen't have the DivX web player, therefore not supporting Stage6.

3. tin23uk

tin23uk Member

i assume your downloading the the file from divx stage 6 onto your pc and then using a media server or memory card to play it on your ps3, stage 6 uses divx web player which the ps3 doesnt have so no video is displayed when using the ps3's web browser.

iv been downloading to pc and the using tversity media server to watch the files through my ps3 but i have noticed that if you run the divx files through gspot it shows the divx verion is below divx5 for the files that dont work and also xvid1.0 / 1.1. not sure if the problem is with tversity or with codec installed on my pc, tversity decodes the data before it is sent to the ps3 so i guess either tversity doesnt support older divx codecs or i need to reinstall some codecs on my pc.

it also seams that the ps3 wont play some older versions of divx as using a memory card to get the video onto the ps3 doesnt work either. get the same media type not supported msg

Last edited: Jan 6, 2008
  4. xXxBG

xXxBG Regular member

no people, when you go on the Stage6 site from the PS3, u can download videos straight to the PS3. That is what he is saying, and Yes CKhaleel they are supported.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2008
  5. CKhaleel

CKhaleel Regular member

Oh. *knocks head*

I could of had a V8.