1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS3 disc read problem

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by JoeyBoy, Oct 25, 2007.

1. JoeyBoy

JoeyBoy Member

I'm new to the PS3 zone and I was wondering when I insert the ps3 game it will not load up either in the menu or when I insert it. I dont even hear it spin I was wondering if there is anything that I can do to fix this or is there something wrong with the lens? I had it for 3 months now and it started doing this thanks in advance

2. ziggi_83

ziggi_83 Regular member

Is this happening with only one game, try cleaning your disc or seeing if it has a snap thats what happened to me.
    If not exchange it if you have warranty

3. JoeyBoy

JoeyBoy Member

Hey thanks but it does it to all my ps3 games but I will try to clean the discs and like I said it does not spin at all like there is nothing in there I dont know if it is the drive or what but if this dont work then I will just send it out to sony. But if anyone else has an idea let me know plz thanks again

4. ziggi_83

ziggi_83 Regular member

5. canuckerz

canuckerz Regular member

Does the disk LED come on when u insert a disk? (the blue light under the power LED)

6. pfitz

pfitz Regular member

Same issue here, disk spins but not seeing nothing on screen. It also does not eject, does anyone know of a tutorial or if it is an alignment issue? No warranty so am seeking to fix myself. Help needed please !!!

7. xFlamex

xFlamex Regular member

any idea what i would click to get to that url as the link comes up as forbidden :S

also having the same problem but going to try and get one of those disks that cleans the laser

8. sanecrazy

sanecrazy Regular member

If its less thaan 12 months old take it back to the shop quick mine did the same. Laser just died its happened to a few people. take it back !!

9. xFlamex

xFlamex Regular member

i dont have the option of taking it back as it was a gift and the person no longer has the receipt

10. xFlamex

xFlamex Regular member

Hey just to let everyone know i spoke to someone and sony any they are arranging a swap there sending a guy out with a new PS3 and i just give him my broken one

11. sanecrazy

sanecrazy Regular member

Dont think you always need the reciept. If you ring up sony and quote the serial number on the console they should no when it was bought and if it is still under warrenty. If it is they Will fix it trust me.