1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS3 Display problem

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by mayopan, Aug 7, 2007.

1. mayopan

mayopan Member

So, I last had my PS3 on an HDTV, with 1080i resolution with component cables. Well, when I took it from my friends house to bring it to play on a SDTV, I forgot to switch the Display Settings, and now my PS3's picture won't show up... though, when I used the component cables on my SDTV, I get a blurry picture, but it's hard to see how to get around the menu.

Any help? :-\

2. slw3737

slw3737 Member

when you turn on your ps3, hold the power button even after the ps3 has turned on. in a few seconds, you should hear a beep. this means your ps3 has automatically detected your connection to the TV and set itself

3. mayopan

mayopan Member

I wish I had gotten this earlier on, before taking my PS3 back to my friends. But yeah, next time I forgot to switch it, I'll be sure to do this, thanks man!

4. slw3737

slw3737 Member

no problem

5. Heiro87

Heiro87 Member

hi i am having the same problem, i had my ps3 on hdmi settings at my home then moved to my dorm and i'm now using a sd tv. forgot to set it back to sd and now im stuck with a blank screen. i tried your method about holding the ps button as it starts up to have it reset automatically but it does not work. any other method i can try. i'll even try to blindly go through the menu and change it. like you tell me go all the way left then right one click, all the way down then up 5 clicks, now at display settings, and so on. please help.

6. mayopan

mayopan Member

Turn it off from the back... then hold down the button until you hear it "beep" -- then all should be good. f'rllz.

7. Sudds

Sudds Active member

Thats because your holding the wrong button mate.
    Hold your finger over the power button for 5secs+ on the PS3 itself.

8. Heiro87

Heiro87 Member

thanks for the help I just ended up using the Sony site as a reference of the ps3 menu and kept trying to change the display settings. I got it luckily but took a while. Couldve been time well spent in warhawk but oh well, thank you for trying to help though much appreciated.

9. Sudds

Sudds Active member

No problem, anytime. ;P