1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS3 Does not connect to the net?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by Raegos, Jan 5, 2008.

1. Raegos

Raegos Member

Hi all

I am haing issues connecting to the internet via wirless I had the security enabled / disabled and i keep gettin the same message?...

a connection to the access point could not be established check the security settings for the wirless LAN (8013013E)

Can someone please help as I have trouble shooted and I have a lap top and Desktop connected to the net no problem, is there something i am doing wrong as i keep gettin the same security message even when the security is turned off?

Please help, tak you in advance.

Regards

2. WETBACK

WETBACK Member

its either a signal strength issue or the router firewall or u have mac address filtering on

3. Raegos

Raegos Member

Hi

I have 100% signal strength and stil no luck I also had disabled security no firewall issue i think as my lap top works fine via wireless, some one please help as I have been trying for the last few days, please !!!!!

Kind regards

4. marcusita

marcusita Regular member

I had similar problems at the start,all i did was go into the routers settings and register my PS3.

Also did you enter the correct wep key when you were setting it up.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2008
  5. Raegos

Raegos Member

Hi

I will give that a shot but i checked my router and it has the ps3s Mac address also I have entered the right WPA and I also disabled the security to none and still it says the same thing?

can any one help ....

thansk again for those who have tried but I need some major assitance .

Kind regards

6. Pepp77

Pepp77 Regular member

Raegos

I too have the same problem - I cannot connect my PS3 wirelessly to my router - and I get the same error message about security settings even though I am 110% certain that the WPA key I entered is correct (my daily job is ADSL support so deal with routers on a regular basis lol).

Th PS3 tells me I have an excellent wireless connection and always finds my wireless SSID without a problem. I havent tried turning the security off on the router (will do that when I get a chance and report back) as the PS3 is close enough to the router that the ethernet cable that came in the box reaches.

Also as with you I have 2 laptops in the house that can connect wirelessly to the router so I know its not that. Im starting to think it might be a fault with my PS3; is yours an early edition 60gb (I'm from England) or other?

7. Raegos

Raegos Member

Hi Pepp77

Thansk for your email yes i am from England and yes it is a 60gig version , WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?

SOME ONE PLEASE HELP THIS IS BEYOND A JOKE NOW!

NO ONE WANTS TO HELP OR WE ARE OVER LOOKING A VERY MINOR ISSUE!

HELP IS NEED WHERE ARE ALL THE TECHS?

PLEASE HELP

kind regards

8. Pepp77

Pepp77 Regular member

Tests Ive performed and results:-

Wired Connection - Works first time everytime.

Wireless Connection -

SSID enabled - WPA-PSK security - 100% signal strength - Check Security Settings for the Wireless LAN error message returned. I even changed the passphrase 3 times (once to 12345678) all with same result.

SSID enabled - No security - 100% signal strength - Connected first time.

SSID disabled - WPA-PSK security - 100% signal strength - Check Security Settings for the Wireless LAN error message returned.

SSID enabled - WEP security - 100% signal strength - Connected first time.

AS you can see from the above I can connect with no security or with WEP security enabled, but not WPA-PSK. I prefer WPA-PSK as it more secure but I can survive with WEP. My issue therefore appears to be WPA-PSK compatibility with my router (it is a D-Link DI-524 cable router).

If you cannot connect even with security turned off completely then it would appear to be a different issue to the one I was having.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2008
  9. Raegos

Raegos Member

Hi

PEP

I just reset my router and I am now using WEP, and works fine I will test out the WPA and see if it works that way, Reset your router should help.

Just thought id let you know thanks to all who tried to help!

Regards

10. Pepp77

Pepp77 Regular member

My router resets everytime I save a change to the security settings so it was reset between each of the tests I did. At least WEP works for both of us which is a small victory.

11. Raegos

Raegos Member

PEPP you are right a small victory but i will try the WPA and let you know tommorow.