1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ps3 Drive Broken

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by Mochabean, Jul 6, 2007.

1. Mochabean

Mochabean Member

well hello people

I stumbled accross this place in hopes to get some help.
    I had my nephew over and he asked if he could play ps3 which i said ok.
    Next thing i know my Drive is Jammed with 2 Game disks in it dont know how he managed this. So instead of sending it for warrenty i decided hey lets just take it apart and unjam the games. Well once i took the top of the drive off i found 2 springs inside loose no idea where they came from. Now i cant auto load my games and have no idea where these springs
    go.

Now is there any pictures of step by step disasemble of the drive? So i may see where my springs go?

Or Is there a way to just run the ps3 without the top and drive top maybe make a flip lid or somthing?

Anyways hope someone here can help or lead me to the right direction.
    thanks

2. Mochabean

Mochabean Member

Anyone able to help me???

I have the top off when i click power on the ps3 it just like a 3 Red beep is there somthing im missing to do to run the ps3 with top off?

3. newcloud

newcloud Regular member

you should have sent it back since you have
    a warrenty u might do unfixable damage
    so if i where u i would put it back together and pack it up and send it back and get a new one

Last edited: Jul 8, 2007
  4. yoyo23

yoyo23 Regular member

once u open the ps3 the warrenty is gone call up sony tell them a sad story and if that doesn't work find a game repair shop that is if they know how to fix ps3

5. canuckerz

canuckerz Regular member

Id say make it look like you didnt open up the console and see if walmart will swap you for a new one. Times like now make you wounder why game consoles dont have multi-disk changers =\