1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS3 Emulator

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by plz69ansa, Apr 17, 2007.

1. plz69ansa

plz69ansa Member

OK, Just wondering...
    I know that PS3 is compatible with Linux, you know you can install it and run programs & stuff. Now heres my question if you had linux installed on your Ps3 & had and emulator program (as far as I know theres no such thing.... yet) could it run Ps3 games or Ps3 roms.

I thought this might worked pretty good because unlike Ps2 emulators on computers it would not have any hardware issues because it is running straight off the Ps3.

PS - I know this is thinking very far into the future so please don't waste your time saying so.

PPS - If anyone else has had this thought as well or is trying to make an emulator (as impossible as that sounds)please go right ahead and post.

2. nax0101

nax0101 Regular member

erm not at the moment because even though we have linux on hte ps3, it doesnt have total access to the gpu, and so it cant use the hardware of the ps3 for gaming

3. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

It won't happen for a very long time bro,and the thought of an emulator for the PS3 is way too much to ask for.It is hard enough at the moment finding information on how the system works.I see people studying the harddrive,the chips on the board,etc...and everything is speculation at the moment.You have to know how the system operates to build an emulator,and there is not enough information present to even begin the task of producing one.

4. NicHt

NicHt Regular member

A VERY VERY LONG TIME the PS2 and Xbox emulators don't even work properly, nor does the PSP emulator. I suggest you rule this one out mate.

5. plz69ansa

plz69ansa Member

thanks for all your replies & yes I know that at this moment in time it is impossible because as someone said no one knows enough about PS3 yet to even ponder the idea of an emulator.

But my question is do you guys personally think it will be possible in the future?

6. thewaksta

thewaksta Member

We'll have flying cars and talking fridges in the future. Im pretty sure by then they'll be able to emulate the PS3. SO to answer your question: Yes, I think the PS3 will be emulated before 2050.

7. plz69ansa

plz69ansa Member

wow im so happy... really flying cars?