1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS3 Failing to Boot

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by Pjai1984, May 27, 2007.

1. Pjai1984

Pjai1984 Member

I was in the middle of a game when the power supply failed ( stepping down from 240v -> 100v), so as expected the PS3 powered off instantly.

After i replaced the step down transformer and plugs everything back in. The red light will still come on(indicating the power supply inside the PS3 has not fried yet?). But when i try to start it up by pressing the power button and as i could hear the fans firing up, it will put itself back into standby mode in abt 1 secs. and obviosuly failing to eject my game disc inside.

therfore it is failing to start, and it does beep once.. dunno if tat means anything.

I am likely to take it back to sony in japan.. but i m jst wondering if its something tat could be fixed easily..

Cheers,

2. Sudds

Sudds Active member

Hold your finger on the PS3 on button for 5 secs or more until you here it beep, this resets the settings, it might help.

3. Pjai1984

Pjai1984 Member

Thanks Sudds,

it didnt revive my PS3 but i did manage to get the disc to eject by holding the power button and press eject. The blue LED came on as well.

but now without the disc, it is still doing the same thing, shuts off in abt 0.5~1sec

4. Sudds

Sudds Active member

Sorry to hear that mate, its looking like your only option is to send it back to Sony, or take it back to the shop you bought it in.

5. Pjai1984

Pjai1984 Member

I think the PS3 failed to boot becoz the Stepdown didnt hve enough power output...

tats was basically why the 1st step down die...

omg.. cant believe i didnt think this thru logically..

After the discovery of this hypothesis.. i received an email from sonythe nxt day(from the other side of the globe...) that they could not find any fault....

*runs to the cloest window and attempt to suicide..