1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS3 firmware 4.20 possible to jailbreak

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by nate_09, Jul 30, 2012.

1. nate_09

nate_09 Member

Hi Guys

im new when it comes to jailbreaking ps3s however i have done iphones / psps and other smaller devices

i just want to know if its possible to downgrade my firmware so i can jailbreak my ps3 OR if its possible to jailbreak it with the current firmware

thanks

sorry if this is in the wrong place

2. fauzans

fauzans Member

It depends on what kind of ps3 you have if you have an older model of the ps3 slim then you will be able to downgrade it if you have bought your ps3 recently then you are out of luck then you will only be able to downgrade it to 3.60 check out this link and let me know if want to know anything else http://ps3devwiki.com/index.php?title=SKU_Models#PS3_Fat .

3. nate_09

nate_09 Member

i have one of the FAT ps3s and got it more or less when it first came out

can i downgrade the firmware and jailbreak the system?

if so how?

thank you for your help

4. fauzans

fauzans Member

Your welcome,If its a fat ps3 then I am quite sure it can be downgraded but unfortunately I'm not completely sure how,if I remember correctly then there is something called an E3 flasher and it allows you to downgrade your ps3 I'm not sure if any soldering is involved or not.Try to search on google if anybody in your city provides ps3 downgrade services.There are a lot of shops and individuals in my city who offer ps3 downgrade and repair services so I'm pretty sure you will find someone in your area.Let me know if you need anymore information.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2012