1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ps3 game backup

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by tygster22, Jan 17, 2008.

1. tygster22

tygster22 Member

I have a blu-ray burner, Resistance fall of man.iso, 25GB Blu-ray disc and the ps3... Just kidding about the blu-ray burner, but ill buy one if i am able to burn rfom with the 25gb blu-ray recordable blank disc will i get to play it on the ps3 ?

2. canuckerz

canuckerz Regular member

NO, read the stickies or at least Google it first, if not even that look at the fifty other freaking ps3 backup threads ppl started because of their laziness.

3. Ryu77

Ryu77 Regular member

Waa ha ha ha! It just keeps happening again and again, doesn't it my friend? :)

Tygster22, at this point you CAN NOT play a backup PS3 disc on the PS3. If you have heard otherwise... It is a lie! Look here...

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/560292

Look though all the four pages and you will find many others looking for the same answer as you. ;-)

4. tygster22

tygster22 Member

i saw on youtube this guy has genji backup or as its called burnt game

5. canuckerz

canuckerz Regular member

That it does indeed. And that stickie needs to be updated and made even more obvious than it already is; a whole bunch of asterix's or something, maybe even some flashing arrows.
    It's fake, there's dozens and dozens of them if you look.

6. marcusita

marcusita Regular member

I think the stickied title should be changed to PIRATE/BACKUP GAMES CANNOT BE PLAYED YET i dont think any one could miss that.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2008
  7. marcusita

marcusita Regular member

Yes it is possible to have a backed up game,but you CANNOT i repeat CANNOT play it yet.

8. NinReznor

NinReznor Regular member

im sorry i just have to post this again...
    [​IMG]
    too funny

9. canuckerz

canuckerz Regular member

Im liking the red, also I'd like it moved to the top or bottom of the stickies.

@NinReznor
    Thats a gr8 pic man, it just dosent loose its value.

10. KEGNFOOL

KEGNFOOL Regular member

Actaully.....beleive it or not. I think there is a way to play them. Its a speacial burning software program. Decrypts it and can play with out any modifications made to the PS3. I will find the info and post when i find it. Im still waiting on and email back from the Adim there with information regarding this. Don't hold me to it..im jsut sharing the infor i recieved. But i wil lget verification back to see for sure.

11. marcusita

marcusita Regular member

Beleive it or not but you indeed are wrong,there is no way,and will be no way of playing backups untill the hypervisor is bypassed/circumvented,and anyone telling you there is "software" to do it is funny.

When back ups can be played - the world will know and the exploit will be made public so everyone can use it.

And wow its over a year since i commented in this thread last :p

Last edited: Mar 18, 2009
  12. KajNrig

KajNrig Regular member

Yeah, wow... way to undead a dead thread. And, like all undead, it only seeks to suck our brains. Fitting, coincidentally.

Anyway, FOOL, you really do embody your namesake, because an ISO has no need to be decrypted anyway. (Or else I'm missing something, and if I am, the irony would be astoundingly hilarious.) That said, if Sony managed to bump the PS2's security enough that burned games won't work by themselves, then it seems logical that the PS3 would sorta kinda maybe do the same thing.

Just think about it. Pretty logical course of action, no?

13. victim7

victim7 Member

heres the issue with all this "no pirated or burned games" bs... the playstation store offers dowloadable full version games, the code on them must be either exactly the same or close enough to have them be the same game... so therefore all thats needed is some reverse engineering on behalf of someone willing to purchase the dl version, and the disk... once that has been done, the differences can be noted, and applied. plus has anyone ripped apart the firmware releases yet? if so is there a boot sequence for the downloaded version of the game? it would help to know if those had a specific location the files are needed in... im just trying to bypass the need to burn them to disk.

Edit: and whats this ferrox im seeing all over the place? any1 know about it? lemme know

Last edited: Mar 18, 2009
  14. bigo93

bigo93 Regular member

As with everything "it's easier said than done"

I know that we've become a bit impatient with noone being able to crack the PS3, but that doesnt mean we technical peons have to go around shouting "All you have to do is..." If that really is all they have to do, they would have done it on day 1. There's just a whole lot of other stuff that needs to be done first before you can even start. And its all that other stuff that's preventing them from doing so.

For those of us in the UK, wasnt Sky once crackable? You go to a guy buy a modded view card and get all the channels? We didnt have Sky when I was younger so not sure. But look at it now, Sky spent a fortune on encryption and you dont see Del Boy nudging you to buy a modded viewing card anymore. Same thing, Sony have spent money to prevent people from hacking the PS3 as well as the new PSP 3000, which I hear dont support the m33 firmware anymore.

So bascially if its not hacked by the end of the year then expect the hackers to have given up as none of them will be bothered spending their time on a wild goose chase.

15. marcusita

marcusita Regular member

That is so untrue,i speak occasionaly with some of the guys who are behind circumventing the PS3 and they wont give up :)

Thats not exactly right either,there are ways of getting Sky for free or for a very cheap price,people always work around things :p

16. victim7

victim7 Member

i know that it's one of the biggest arguments there is.... but cracking the ps3 cant be that hard, everyone is just going about it the wrong way. it was coded on a pc based system. the psp has cell, its the same os. just a better version. right now im working on procuring a copy of the firmware. i will see what comes from that. and not to mention, Sony has been affected by this global economic slump. there is going to be SOMEONE who gets the shitcan and knows the encryption/dataset and is going to be pissed off enough that they are willing to sell that to the highest bidder. all confidentiality contracts aside. it's just a matter of either getting off our collective asses and doing it, or playing the waiting game.

17. marcusita

marcusita Regular member

lol no it hasnt

There are several different firmwares,retail,debug,demo,there isnt one single thing you can do with these firmwares.

Also to make it clear,the PSP and the PS3 are so different,just becasue we have CFW on the PSP dosnt mean we will ever get it on the PS3.

18. bigo93

bigo93 Regular member

Oh aye, can you link us anything ;)

19. KajNrig

KajNrig Regular member

If the PSP had a Cell, I'd hate to think how brief the battery life would be... or how quickly everything would melt during that time period.

20. victim7

victim7 Member

regardless of what people might think about there being nothing to be done with the firmware, there is. it's just not been worked with enough. I am working with the remaining members of 158, they still do sum shit, and they liked the challenge. as of this moment we are attempting to crack the infrastructure using obsolete methods, because plain and simple. the old ways are going to work better, since the new ways are the ones being guarded against. i should have more info tommorow about their efforts using DOS as the secondary boot system since DOS can read multiple OS partitions, unlike linux.