1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ps3 game swap?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by Kratos23, Jan 5, 2008.

1. Kratos23

Kratos23 Member

Hey how do you actually swap games? Do you have to give someone ur psn name and password? Or do you just have to be friends?

2. NinReznor

NinReznor Regular member

yes you need to give someone you psn id and password or vice versa.
    i suggest just swapping games with people you actually know and trust, not the virtual kind.
    btw only 5 ps3's can have the same id, and warhawk cant be shared i already tried.

3. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

I was going to say.. That'd be funny if Warhawk worked.

4. csmooth

csmooth Member

hey guys,

after reading this thread, i'm still wondering....

WHAT THE HECK IS A GAME SWAP?

if i give my psn id+pswrd to my friend.. he can play my games?

so confused

5. ibizagti

ibizagti Regular member

Im no expert on this, so i could be wrong...but as far as im aware a "game swap" in this sense means "swapping" games that have been downloaded from the playstation store.
    If you downloaded a game from the store, and then gave your PSN username and password to someone else, they could log onto the store under your name and then re-download the games onto their system from your download list.
    If you are going to do this (i suspect it will be illegal under copyright etc), it is obviously best not to give your logon details to people you dont know, so "swapping" with friends would be your best option.
    However it is likely that sony would not be too happy about this, and could theoretically block your PSN logon from the system (i am unsure if this has ever happened, but modded 360's are often blocked from XBL by microsoft...so it im guessing SONY would have the same abilities.)

hope that helps

IBIZAGTI

6. ooZEROoo

ooZEROoo Regular member

Last edited: Jan 8, 2008
  7. escalante

escalante Regular member

You guys said that Warhawk works. But can both of you play at the same time? How does that work out? Is it like PC games that each have their own key and only one copy of it can be online at one time?

Edit: The tutorial above says that Warhawk can't be swapped, but someone else said it could. So what is it? Can it work?

Last edited: Jan 8, 2008
  8. ooZEROoo

ooZEROoo Regular member

No it will not work. You must be signed in as the Warhawk owner to play it. You were better off to buy the disc version because once you downloaded it you were stuck with the user name forever. You cannot make a new user name and log on.