1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS3 hard Drive Facts?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by gunner786, Apr 6, 2007.

1. gunner786

gunner786 Member

Does this hard drive mean you dont have to insert your game dics everytime you wanna paly a game?
    you just save the disc contents to your hard drive?

2. tripplite

tripplite Guest

no, no, no you got i wrong buddy, you save your game saves onto the hardives which are like 50mega bites at most, you put music on it, videos or any thing else, if you installed the games onto your hardrive then once it's installed you could sell the disk to some one else, it's not like a computer

3. ukgtitch

ukgtitch Member

The Hard Drive is instead of having a memory card and for multimedia purposes too.

It's also their because Sony are making the future of the console ONLINE so you can download extras for games, demos, full games etc.

4. gunner786

gunner786 Member

so basically it makes loading games alot quicker?
    so it doesnt have to read from the disc everytime say i start a wwe smackdown match,
    stuff like entrance videos and stuff

and the memory card is now surplus to requirements??

5. ukgtitch

ukgtitch Member

Basically.

It just saves your Save Game files instead of having to purchase an external memory card like on the PS2.

It doesn't store game files sadly though i wish it did but if you go onto the Playstation Network you can download full games and demos which is another main usage of the hard drive.

Also it is for Multimedia such as videos, music.

Thats it *for now*

Putting a hard drive in a console is asking for trouble really, as it'll be used for pirated games soon to be transferred onto the hard drive and played.