1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS3 HDD on PC?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by snakemiq, May 6, 2007.

1. snakemiq

snakemiq Member

I am going to buy a 2.5" HDD enclosure which makes any 2.5" HDD USB capable, might become handy when backing up my PS3 data to PC.
    But my main concern is that the HDD might not have the right partition and won't be readable by Windows. Is this true and if so what do I need to do to make the drive's contents show up on Windows?
    Does anyone know what file system the PS3 uses or is it proprietary? I hope there is a program out there that is capable of reading the PS3 file system.
    If I Norton Ghost the HDD, will it work? All I want is to back up the HDD straight to my PC without the use of any external drives which would cost me quite a penny, the simplest way would be to connect the HDD itself to my PC and download the data.. The enclosure itself costs around £7, even tha'ts stretching my pocket!

I will be buying a 180GB HDD soon and I want to easily copy the contents over.
    Any help would be appreciated!
    Sorry for the long post.

2. StilDeath

StilDeath Regular member

It uses a FATxx file system your computer shouldnt have trouble seeing it if your running a windows OS, and i think some linux OS's can to.