1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS3 HDMI Connection

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by Lonhorn12, Jan 18, 2007.

1. Lonhorn12

Lonhorn12 Guest

I recently purchased an HMDI cable for PS3 and hooked it up. It runs from from PS3 directly into the tv (Phillips "52 Plasma Ambilight) and I am not getting a picture or audio. What is the problem?
    Need Help!!!
    Thanks

2. piloxi

piloxi Member

Go into your PS3 main screen and head down to audio settings. Click into their and adjust your connection from AVI's up to HDMI. Then continue the setup and you should get 1080.

3. XEnigmaX

XEnigmaX Regular member

If what Piloxi said doesn't work, or you can't do it because you aren't getting picture, here are some step-by-step directions:
    ----------
    1- Plug your PS3 into the TV through the A/V cables (The ones that came with your PS3)

2- Turn on the PS3 and go to the settings icon.

3- Scroll down to video and select it. Change your settings to HDMI and hit X.

4- Change the input setting on your TV from A/V to HDMI.
    -----------
    If you want something clarified or something else is going wrong, please let us know.

Hope this helps :D

[EDIT]: I noticed that you started this somewhere else, too. Please adhear to the forum rules and only post a topic once.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2007
  4. Sir_BMW

Sir_BMW Guest

I use HDMI also. Go to 'Setting' then 'Display' and change it to HDMI. Also go to 'Audio' and set it to HDMI. voila!! enjoy 720P res. no 1080P yet since most games doesn't support 1080P yet. Before you can do all this, you'll have to use the composite cable that came with it. I'm sure you know this already.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2007