1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS3 hdmi issues PLS NEED UR HELP

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by rclmlibr, Jun 23, 2007.

1. rclmlibr

rclmlibr Member

I bought a ps3 and i am very happy about that. But unfortunatly there's something annoying going on. My ps3 is connected to an lcd monitor 32" Sony Klv-S32A with an hdmi cable. I have the latest firmware 1.81 and it's running on 1080i. So the problem is that after a long period of gameplay it turns black for less than one second and do that again for one more time. Pls can you tell me if this is a ps3 issue or what can i do for that? ( I don't know if that has anything to do with the full color option that is " ON " but i don't think so. While playing ps2 games this happens twice and when playing RFOM just once )

2. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

Im not sure exactly what would be causing it, but does it happen during gameplay?

3. rclmlibr

rclmlibr Member

yes it happens during gameplay after a long period of time.Is it something that may lead me to ps3 replacement by sony?

4. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

If its after long periods of time, its probably the HD signal messing up and having to refocus the resoulution its running on your TV. I don't think it would require a system replacment.

5. rclmlibr

rclmlibr Member

Thanx for the info. Is it a problem or something normal ? Is it my cable and need better quality or is a ps3 fault?

6. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

It may be the HDMI cable. Its just having to refocus the HD signal. Its really quite hard to prove what the problem is. All i know is it has something to do with the HD signal.

7. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

Well, i couldn't get my Blu-Ray movies to play after update 1.81 until i went to BD/DVD settings and turned off the 1080P 24HZ setting, i don't even know what the hell this is!! This solved my no signal problems with BD movies..Try that out and see if you have any luck.

8. rclmlibr

rclmlibr Member

I've contacted Sony via E-mail telling them about the issue i already told you. They told me something i didn't have in mind that there are sony licensed cables and i am wondering if that is the source of my problem. Your opinion is always welcome.Waiting for your info pls

9. ooZEROoo

ooZEROoo Regular member

sony would of course try to get u to buy there product i have a philips hdmi cable and have had no problems