1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps3 in loop doing 3.55 update

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by 07anto07, Aug 21, 2011.

1. 07anto07

07anto07 Regular member

as title my ps3 is in 3.55 update loop :( anything i can do?

2. roycar71

roycar71 Member

I just cure this problem. If you can recall, Did your ps3 wifi work before you started to update? If not, likely your update can not flash the wifi card in ps3 because it not working. Replace that with working one and try again. If for sure you know wifi is working, then replace hard and hookup to pc and try to reformat it. I have not tried the latter, but have googled and got this same remedy. Good luck!

3. jayo5

jayo5 Member

have the same problame if i replace the hard drive i get a blank screen cant get into the secret menu can i put the hard drive in my other ps3 format it then put it back in scared to do this incase i nacker it total

4. roycar71

roycar71 Member

It might give you same error. I would go for to hookup to pc and do format there.

5. jayo5

jayo5 Member

formated my hard drive with my other ps3 can now get in the secret menu but when i try use any of the opitions its says has the wrong hard drive and not let me do anything where can i get the original 3.55 firmware as tryed using the 1 that came with cfw just says its corrupt aswell as the custom firmware

thanks Jay

6. roycar71

roycar71 Member

Try downloading Fresh copy of 3.55 CFW and put on a USB Drive and reinstall that way. Oh yeah, can you recall if you wifi was giving trouble scanning on network? If that is not working you may continue to have this problem until you replace wifi board or it could be short in wire to or from board.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2011