1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS3 In the UK

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by eskiiboy, Feb 11, 2007.

1. eskiiboy

eskiiboy Regular member

hI , I Know the UK sucks coz it aint going to get the PS3 till march. hell, all ive seen of it is pictures of it.

its going to cost 450 pounds here which is 828 dollars over here. im going to buy one from america.

just a few questions:

whats the cheapest model of the PS3 in the US?

will it work over here with our 240 volts plugs? if not can you over come this problem without using a transformer?

how much will posting/shipping/airmail cost me (ignoring the fact that most companies have been dissalowed to send the PS3 to the UK before its relaese here)?

And also how is the PS3, rate it out of ten, what bad about it?

2. sanecrazy

sanecrazy Regular member

The PS3 is £425 if you bought the system from the US which is $599 from best buy it looks like you would save around £116 (wow thats quite a difference aint it) but after shipping and buying the necercery converters for the voltage are you really going to save that much? I dont think so it will probably be easier to buy a UK version.

The only other problem you might have is if you dont have a HDTV cos of the whole NTSC PAL thing.

Also i think games are region free for the PS3 also.

3. mc22hc

mc22hc Regular member

I bought my ps3 for 600 pounds 60gb version 220v which is the uk plug socket from ebay from hong kong, i paid £100 for shipping which was correct,coz i had to get it all insured and eveyrthing to cum over here,i would wanna even risk it,if your tv is i think 60hz it will be ok to buy one from there and it will be an issue with every ps3,coz of the game quality,the tv cant handle the colour,i got 3 games with it and 2 pads,years insurance,overall im well happy n still could get on to playstation network. :D

4. eskiiboy

eskiiboy Regular member

600 pounds? you could end world hunger with that man , thats too much for a PS3. i read in the newspaper that PS3 are sold in the UK for 425 pounds, but in the us they are 305pounds?. any ways i think i better just wait 8 years or so for the price to depreciate to about 400 pounds loL

5. thewaksta

thewaksta Member

I bought mine from a guy in the US who imported PS3's from Japan. I got a 20gb version plus Resistance for £450 including postage. I really like my PS3 and everything works fine but my biggest issue with owning the Japanese version is online play. I have to connect to the Japanese network. For Resistance it's fine but eventually Im gonna want to play UK games on the UK network which I dont think Im gonna be able to do. Also, I own a PS2 but dont want to have to set it up everytime I want to play it so it would be handy if I could play PS2 games with my PS3 (which I cant!). Buy the UK version. It'll be worth the extra in the end.

6. cp2006

cp2006 Guest

i bought mine from renchi they are great 20gb ps3 for 275 or 60fb for around 320 and shipping is cheap as well got mine within too weeks also the 110v are 240v anyway please read forms or check out eurogame for more info www.renchi.com