1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS3 LIFETIME WARRANTY

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by tatooee, May 21, 2007.

1. tatooee

tatooee Guest

Does anyone know of any stores beside costco that give out lifetime warranties on their products such as the playstation 3

2. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

I can get a kind of lifetime warrenty. It cost $125 dollars for the first year, then its $5 to renew it for 1 more year & you can continue it aslong as you like, but if anything goes wrong they just give you a refurbished system. Aslong as you treat your PS3 with care & keep it cool with a fan i have never had problems with my PS3. Why would you want a lifetime warrenty? Thats pretty much stealing, because they won't refund your full money 5 years from now if the PS4 comes out. Can you imagine spending $600 and 5 years later get it refunded because your PS3 broke? No business will do that. The only thing they would do would exchange it im assuming.

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2007
  3. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

How do you keep it cool with a fan? Like just a regular fan? Lol.

4. jesse286

jesse286 Regular member

Ya I try not to go over board when I play so that my PS3 doesn't to hot. I also put a pillow case over top of it when I'm not playing it so that dust and other things don't get in it. But I'm so scared of my PS3 breaking but I guess if you take good enough care of it, it will be fine.

5. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

Yep, 2 fans. One blowing in and the other blowing air in a different direction. 1 blows cooler air inside while the other pushes it to the left. Don't think 2 is necessary, but i find it stays cool then.

6. ryanjafc

ryanjafc Regular member

look on an auction site there are fans for around £10, i have 1 it really does help, my 1 is a little noisy but i can live with it as i have my ps3 running through my hi-fi so it blocks it out. but it is really worth it, suppose you could get quieter ones now.

7. paperc07

paperc07 Member

see the only thing that I heard that was bad with the fan situations is that sony built the ps3 like they should have or whatever so online i was reading about that if they wanted fans to keep it cooler than sony itself would come out with like a fan kit to buy which does kinda sound right but hey if your idea works cool