1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS3 Low Signal Strength

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by DanBo, Dec 30, 2007.

1. DanBo

DanBo Member

The key to dealing with this issue is to isolate any possible signal interference sources that may exist between your wireless router (access point) and your device (PC, Laptop, PS3 etc.). If possible, eliminate the interference source. Typical examples are cordless phones (2.4 GHz frequency especially), and baby monitors. If your interference sources allow channel switching, try that. Otherwise, you may have to relocate, or remove/replace the offending item altogether. Other sources of interference are not so easy to move, like metal barriers. If your router is in the basement, remember that the signal has to travel through several items of metal, like heating/air conditioning systems (furnaces and ducts). If possible, try placing the modem and/or router on the main floor of the home, in a central location. Aftermarket items like booster antenna replacements for the router may also help. Finally, you may just have to connect the device to the router the good old fashioned way... with a hardwire ethernet connection.

2. grkblood

grkblood Regular member

I have come to the conclusion that it's actually the wireless network adaptor that sony uses in the PS3. I bought a new Belkin N Mimo router to try to help solve this. My PS3 consistently gets 3 bars and sometimes 2. Not only is it the closest device to my router but it also gets the worst signal strength out of the devices using it.