1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS3 Media Server Lag When Streaming

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by jedipunk, Feb 27, 2012.

1. jedipunk

jedipunk Member

I have a 80GB PS3 which I've been using to stream movie files with the media server. Which is the ps3mediaserver v1.30.1. Recently I've been having problems with the playback of the files because it starts lagging and stops the file playback. I seriously don't know what to do. I have a Linksys E3200 High Performance Router. Here are the specs.

Model: Linksys E3200
    Technology: Wireless-N
    Bands: Simultaneous 2.4 GHz and 5 Ghz
    Transmit/receive: 2 x 3
    Antennas: 6 internal
    Ports x speed: 4 x Gigabit
    IPv6 support: Native IPv6 and 6rd support

PC Specs:
    HP Desktop
    Model: p6777c
    Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 830 Processor 2.80GHz
    RAM: 8.00 GB (7.74GB Usable)
    System Type 64-bit O.S

Mods: I tried searching for a similar post. but didnt find anything if there is a post please redirect me there and delete this post.

2. ooZEROoo

ooZEROoo Regular member

Well are you using wired or wireless? Streaming HD video that is being transcoded on the fly takes a powerful system and a fast network. I would try wiring your connection if you havent tried and see if that works. I stream over wireless N and I do not see any lag but I did when I used wireless G. Also you may be experiencing some type of interference.

3. jedipunk

jedipunk Member

I am using a wireless connection on the PS3. I'll change tonight to wired connection and post if something changes. Thanks for the advice.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2012