1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS3 memory to PS2

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Candyman3, Apr 13, 2007.

1. Candyman3

Candyman3 Member

I've looked several places but I cant find out how to get game saves off of the PS3's internal memory cards onto a PS2 memory card. I know there is an adapter to get the saves onto the PS3, but it says you cant go the other way. So I thought, maybe you can put the saves onto a USB memory stick then from the USB stick, put it on the PS2 HDD. Is this possible? If so could someone explain how to do it or show me a link for an explanation? Also, if that isnt going to work, has anyone figured out a different way?

Thanks

(BTW I wasn't sure if this should go in PS3 or PS2 forum)

2. psplova

psplova Guest

yes, and this doesn't need the adapter

i assume that you have some way of getting these saves like a usb stick or whatever, and you prolly have a ps2 exploit to copy it to the ps2 hdd

download http://www.ps2savetools.com/download.php?op=getit&lid=87

Then, put your usb stick into the ps3. go to the internal memory card and select the file you want and hit triangle, and select copy, and copy it to the USB stick.

now put the usb stick in the pc, and then navigate to PS3/Export/PSV. there will be a .psv file. copy it to ur pc hdd, and then run this application. open the psv file with this, and go to file, and extract to extract it to a folder. you now have your ps2 save in the file format. you can now put this folder on your ps2 mc using the psx exploit, or make a .mps or armax save to transfer it ;)

3. Candyman3

Candyman3 Member

Thanks a million, this is exactly what I needed. =)