1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS3 Modding & Game ISO's

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by TexasDude, Jun 21, 2007.

1. TexasDude

TexasDude Member

Of course owning all ORIGINAL games and the original PS3, aren't there modchips out for the PS3 yet? I saw some on one store online but I'm not sure if they are useful yet. How exactly do you transfer the PS3 game to the computer and then burn the iso? Or are people using torrents instead? I looked up my original games (that I own) on torrent sites and there are only like 3 PS3 games on all torrent sites while Wii has 100 (exagerating). What's the deal? Have I missed something?

2. liamrabey

liamrabey Regular member

Its not possible to play backups on the PS3.

3. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

Im pretty sure there is no modchip for PS3, i would of saw a post here. There have been firmware exploits where people could "boot" not actually run a PS3 backup, but other then that, there is yet to be a fully running PS3 backup a game.

4. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

The Infectus modchip is being sold already,but it doesn't do much besides downgrade firmwares.You could even make the Infectus modchip yourself,because they give you the schematic off there website.

5. TexasDude

TexasDude Member

Oh how sad. How come it's taking forever and it took the Wii a month or so? Is it because the Wii is cheaper and less hardware to mod?

6. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

It is taking a long time because Sony uses advanced hardware.They are using technology that is very new,which makes it harder for hackers to mess with.The Wii wasn't really hard to mod,because it uses Dvd format and the hardware in it is not really new.The media and hardware the system uses play a big role like you mentioned TexasDude.I think we might see a hacked firmware,but it won't be anytime soon.The problem is Sony used a very strong encryption,which makes it really hard to mess with.I also think a boot disc could be made,but that won't be for very long time also.

7. TexasDude

TexasDude Member

I get it. So then why didn't Nintendo make a super encrypted Wii? Cause obviously its working very well with the PS3.

8. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Nintendo's main focus is to work with 3rd party developers,so they try to work with the game developers.If they make it really strong it will draw some of the game developers away.Sony is having this problem as you can see with game companies like Capcom.If they make the system too complicated like the PS3,it will make it complicated for game developers.

9. Laxington

Laxington Member

@Laburna: hi, what do you think, could it be, that nintendo has learned from its mistakes and made the wii therefor easier to "crack"? As we all see, it was impossible to hack the gamecube until "someone" from nintendo itself gave a hint on developing a modchip (this is what i red in an other forum).
    And we all know what happend - nintendo almost thought about quitting the console sector. Everybody knows that sony just became that big in console business, because they made it very simple to copy the games. That was a strategic thing i believe. What do you think about it?