1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS3 No Power

Discussion in 'PS3' started by ajf81280, Dec 24, 2011.

1. ajf81280

ajf81280 Member

Recently I opened my ps3 so I could paint it. I took out the guts and painted it, placed everything back in checking all wires and ribbons and put in the power cord to power it on and I get nothing. When I say nothing that's what I mean, I do not even a red light on the power button.

Model Number:CECH 2101B PS3 Slim

I have no clue what is going on. I have tried three different power cables. One time I just used the controller to turn it on and that worked but then I unplugged it because I had no way to restart it as it wanted the HDD in to start up. Then I plugged the power cable back in and it would not even power up with the controller.

I take apart game systems all the time and this is the only one that I have a problem with. The only thing I saw that "might" be wrong, was the ribbon cable on the power button and eject button was a weird looking. As in there were two of the connectivity lines on one side that seems to not be touching, or more like something had sepearated two lines on one 10 pin side.

Any help would be appreciated. I just wanted a red ps3 and got all this trouble from it.

Thanks

2. bigo93

bigo93 Regular member

What type of paint did you use? Does it contain any metals?

Try taking it apart and putting it back together, you may have not connected a part properly.

3. ajf81280

ajf81280 Member

krylon fusion for plastics...the primer was for plastics too..also I did not put on a protective coat just yet.

Yeah i have taken it apart and put it together multiple times. I guess what I could try is to just leave the case off in case it was the paints problem, but I do not see how that could be the case. But its never a bad thing to eliminate things.