1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS3 not like PSP with Firmware Updates.

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by Domreis, Mar 26, 2007.

1. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

Hey guys, I have a buddy and he was updating is firmware to 1.6 this weekend and lost power. He was freaking out because he thought he had just bricked his PS3, but when he turned it on he received this message.

This is great, he was able to restart his console and have it work.

2. sniper78

sniper78 Regular member

Woo that's good info.

3. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

I wish I would have got a photo/video!

4. SovMish

SovMish Guest

he prolly got lucky.

I suspect that once the update rolls over a certain percentage and if the console is turned off, there will be problems.

Think about it... if what hapenned to your friend was true for the entire update process, then Sony wouldn't have bothered disabling the power button on the PS3.

5. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

It isn't that Hard to disable the power button. Since my PS3 Hard Drive is already dead, and I am going to exchange it this weekend I think I am going to update it to 1.6 and pull the plug half way threw a few times to see what happens. I will video tape it and post it on YouTube. A little research can't hurt since my console already needs to be exchanged. All I need to do is find a spare 2.5 Hard Drive.