1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS3 now a license to use!

Discussion in 'PS3' started by bigo93, Sep 16, 2011.

1. bigo93

bigo93 Regular member

$ony have taken the next step and changed their Terms of Service yet again, this time with huge implications!

http://www.ps3hax.net/2011/09/sen-snei-controversial-new-t-o-s/

If you sign this new agreement you sign away your right to sue! Though you can opt out if you write to them within 30 days of agreeing to the TOS.

$ony's lawyers have taken every step to remove the word "purchase" from the TOS, replaced it with "order" or "transaction", and have spammed "license" anywhere and everywhere they could!

Buy agreeing you will no longer own your PS3 or all your games or $ony products. EVERYTHING becomes a license agreement and technically you are leased the console.

DO NOT agree to these illegal TOS!

2. oosel

oosel Regular member

What do we write them? Is there a form to fill out? Or a pre typed letter wording everything properly?

3. bigo93

bigo93 Regular member

Well I've only seen the new US TOS, and in that you have to write to them to say you wish to opt out of the mandatory arbitration. Just remember to send it with tracking and requires a signature.

Problem is that if and when people spread this to people in the USA, if the people give a damn they would all write in, this will obviously cause a backlog and there will be no way they can look through them within 30 days.

As for the EU, I am sure much of this regarding would be considered illegal, but so was removing otheros but they got away with it. I have not even updated my ofw console to 3.70 yet! And to be honest we should all be demanding a refund if we are forced to sign this TOS as we will be unable to play new games, or go online without signing away our rights and agreeing that the items we have already bought will become nothing more then licenses and that we do not own them any more!

4. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

Atleast here in Germany there are no new TOS (or weren't by yesterday).