1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps3 on Dell UltraSharp™ 2007WFP 20.1

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by ryanjafc, May 2, 2007.

1. ryanjafc

ryanjafc Regular member

Last edited: May 2, 2007
  2. DBM_Bones

DBM_Bones Regular member

Check this out, it sould work if you get the component PS3/PS2 cable
    link

As I don't think the HDMI to DVI adaptor will work due to the copy right information sent via the HDMI. you need a complient TV / Monitor, and I don't think the Dell monitor does, so you have to go the Component route to get a good picture.

Last edited: May 4, 2007
  3. ryanjafc

ryanjafc Regular member

the hdmi - dvi cable worked for me on is it 720 resolution? well in the 700's, but now i cant get no sound. i have kept the original cable with red,white and yellow plug ends plugged into the ps3 and the plug ends into my tv card on my pc. but everytime i click a link on the internet i get the sound of the i.e when you press start game or save/load game links on the ps3 games so its kinda swapped. any way can anyone tell me how to get audio through my pc or monitor.

4. ryanjafc

ryanjafc Regular member

if any 1 is interested i have sorted the sound out. i have the hdmi - dvi into my monitor and the the av multi out into my hi-fi and also get surround sound.

5. DBM_Bones

DBM_Bones Regular member

Hi Did you not have a problem with HDCP as your monitor spec's did not show it was HDCP complient. that's why I said go the component route.

Well done on getting it all working though.

do games and blu-ray movies work.

6. ryanjafc

ryanjafc Regular member

the monitor does have hdcp built in, i have tried formula 1 and resistance and they work perfectly, dont know about blu-ray aint got a film to check that out.

7. DJGEOJOE

DJGEOJOE Regular member

Hook the DVI port to the compliant monitor and hook the fiber optic cable to your Sony/Philips interface using a fiber to digital converter (available at any tiger direct or computer store) or hook the fiber into your PC and set your mixer to play the digital in. Set the PS3 to output signal to HDMI and audio to digital out. That’s it! I do this on my 65” Mitsubishi TV only I use a Sony receiver instead of a computer. You could also get digital speakers but they are $$$ look on e-bay.