1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS3 on LCD Projetor help.

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by NinReznor, Sep 9, 2007.

1. NinReznor

NinReznor Regular member

hi guys. i just got a projector for cheap. its a hitachi cp-s845.
    the problem is i cant get my ps3 to display hd. the projector can display 720p. ive tried my x360 on it withe the vga cable and it works fine. problem is with the ps3 its hooked up to the projector with a hdmi
    2 dvi cable then a dvi 2 vga converter like this
    ps3-->hdmi to dvi-->dvi to vga--> projector.
    the projector displays no input detected on rgb1.
    anyone know why im having this problem? and can anyone help

Last edited: Sep 11, 2007
  2. DoubleDwn

DoubleDwn Regular member

Have you turned on the HDMI output on the PS3? Use a composite cable to hook up to the projector. Then, using the composite input on the projector, switch the output to HDMI on the PS3. Then switch input on the projector to HDMI and see what happens.

~Rich

3. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

It has to be the all the different connections you are trying to use to get the HDMI to work with the projector. DoubleDwn had the right suggestion but with the wrong cable, since your projector has a 720p max use a component cable (if it has one) and it will work.

4. NinReznor

NinReznor Regular member

yeah i tried switching it to hdmi from the xmb but it doesnt work it just goes back to the input selection.
    the projector doesnt have component cable inputs only vga and composite.

also when i switch on the ps3 with the hdmi plugged in the ps3 says that its detected a hdmi connection and asks me if i want to switch and i click yes, the screen goes black and stays black so the i know the hd signal is bieng sent (otherwise it would just revert to original after 30 secs) but the projector still says no signal recieved. maybe its because the hdmi to dvi is a digital signal and the vga is analog could that be the problem?
    if it is then is there a component to vga connector since both are analog maybe that would solve the problem.
    thanks for the suggestions.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2007
  5. odin24

odin24 Regular member

I had a similar problem; I used a HDMI to DVI cable and tried hooking up to my PC LCD widescreen monitor with the same results as NinReznor. I'm thinking either the DVI input is either anologue on the projector and my monitor i.e. DVI-I (not DVI-D), or it is a HDCP problem.

6. DoubleDwn

DoubleDwn Regular member

I suggested composite cable to guarantee he would at least get an image on his projector. That way, he would be able to at least configure the video settings. But it appears that it is still not working.

I think that Oner is right......too many conversions. Maybe signal loss? Maybe HDCP compliance?

Get a component to VGA box. Should do the trick.
    http://www.ramelectronics.net/html/9A65.html
    May limit the output resolution though.

~Rich

Edit: Added this link.
    http://www.av-sales.co.uk/HDMI-VGA-CONVERTER-139-.htm

Last edited: Sep 12, 2007