1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS3 Online

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by Bro0000, May 9, 2007.

1. Bro0000

Bro0000 Member

I have a friend that got a PS3 a while ago. He bought it from a friend. He wants to play it online but is concerned that the friend that he bought it from may have acquired it, and a couple others, in not such a legal way. My question is...if he was to go online or play online games, is it possible for Sony to trace the serial number of the unit and either disable the unit or take other legal action. He doesn't know if it was stolen for sure, but more of a just in case.

2. dpickett

dpickett Guest

once it is connected to the internet it activates the Emotion! GOS unit which tracks where you are in the country. You are represented by a yellow dot on the world map. If that PS3 has been reported stolen then sony alert te local law enforcement which will show up and arrest everyone in the room.

For real, i know a guy who brother had this happen to!

3. blake123

blake123 Guest

lol, your friend has nothing to worry about i have been playing online since the release and i don't know the legal situation with mine either.

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2007
  4. dpickett

dpickett Guest

I therefore recant my previous crazy claimb. Hehe, you are safe to steal your PS3s :)