1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps3 online

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by Henry007, May 16, 2007.

1. Henry007

Henry007 Member

hey, just bought a ps3 and realised that there is free online play. i would like to get involved with this and set my ps3 up online. How do i do this and what do i need to connect to the inet? any information would be greatly appreciated.
    thanks henry

2. ryanjafc

ryanjafc Regular member

you could look at your instruction manual that came with the ps3, its a black booklet that sais quick reference on it and is a step by step guide.

3. DBM_Bones

DBM_Bones Regular member

if you have broadband is very easy just plug the lead you got with your PS3 into your router and follow the instructions.

If you get stuck, come back with more information and where you are stuck.

but please try and read the manual before asking general questions.

and please do a search before asking. ppl don't mind helping, but you got to try yourself 1st.

4. DJGEOJOE

DJGEOJOE Regular member

Yea, what DBM_Bones said! Try then Cry, then ask Why; Or DIE! J/k

5. Henry007

Henry007 Member

thanks for that. i am stuck though because i have a wireless internet connection on my laptop computer, my wireless modem had a usb port only and cannot connect the ethernet connection to it, the usb leads to the computer. if you can assist with anything on this i would appreciate it.
    thanks henry

6. DJGEOJOE

DJGEOJOE Regular member

I am confused; a “wireless modem” that only has a USB port. How do you connect to the network, cable, DSL, satellite? If you have a wireless USB access point then there is a modem and or a wireless router and modem somewhere in your house. I have never heard of a high-speed internet provider having a modem that only has a USB port as a internet connection. Perhaps you should go to best buy and ask the geek squad for some help, its free to ask questions and you can show them what you have and what you want to do, they will be happy to help you. I can’t help you unless I know exactly what kind of setup you have. If you have a modem with only USB then you need to make your computer rout TCPIP data to a network so the PS3 can have access. Do you have a 20GB or a 60GB PS3? Is the PS3 located near the modem? Do you have to use a wireless connection or can you run a cable to the PS3. many many questions we need to know. Its really best to go see the geek squad at best buy or go to a computer store and ask a professional. You could be playing online tonight! Or you could give us more info and we can try to talk you through it one day at a time.