1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS3 or 360?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by Hardball, Nov 4, 2007.

1. Hardball

Hardball Regular member

im not trying to start a riot but the holidays is around the corner and im just wondering what should i get for Christmas a PS3 or 360? what are the differences and what does the PS3 and XBox share plz let me know thanks!

2. lmaosix

lmaosix Regular member

much like the 360's first years, ps3's wasnt that great, but titles are coming out for the ps3, slowly but there coming. If your more into media(blu ray, media streaming) and open source software ( linux) than PS3 is the way to go. 360 is more online play, at a price, and i dont beleive there is any open source going on. I also beleive 360 has media sharing if your are running windows. I dont havea 360 but im guessing as microsoft only like connectivity with there own products lol.
    Well thats my take, and obviously i have a Ps3 as this is the ps3 section.

3. ziggi_83

ziggi_83 Regular member

search it, you'll find alot of threads on that

4. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

For the first 6 months there was barely any good games for the PS3. But now that's all changed. Warhawk, Call of Duty, Resistance, Assassins Creed etc there are many good games coming and already out. PS3 is catching up to the Xbox 360 with it's games. PS3 has a blu-ray drive so there is more room to build, while 360 uses Dual layer DVD's. PS3 comes WIFI ready, where as 360 you need to buy an adapter. PS3 you can put in any 2.5" SATA HDD, 360 you HAVE to use the 360 HDD's which are over priced if you ask me. In my views the only things the 360 really has over PS3 are: Xbox Live: The marketplace has WAY more demo's and video's. Also, Gears of War and Halo 3. Besides that, PS3. If I were you I'd go for PS3.. Plus PS3 doesn't have a 33% death chance out of the box. It;s all up to you my friend.

5. Travar

Travar Member

You can buy a PS3 and spend 400$ aftwerwards buying a few ganes.

Or you can buy an xbox, get some backups and than with those 400$ you didn't spent for games get a PS3. And whola, you have both consoles for the price of one.

6. marcusita

marcusita Regular member

Just buy both,then you wont have a problem deciding.

7. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

Yeah, that problem with that is not everyone can afford both..

8. Travar

Travar Member

Those who realy can't afford buy xbox.
    Because if you buy a PS3 and spend 60$ per game you just cant say you couldn't afford a xbox. Xbox games are free for those who can't afford.

9. ziggi_83

ziggi_83 Regular member

Do you have a Ps3 Travar?
    Well if you want all the extras and warranty without being anxious that the xbox will fail on you than its works out more than the ps3, go with the 40gb ps3. Btw Travar never say free games.

10. canuckerz

canuckerz Regular member

Can we please for the love of god just make a sticky saying ABSOLUTLY NO COMPARISON THREADS. seriously they never end well and the only reason for it is because someone doesnt want to put in the effort to look up the stats them self.