1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS3 or Xbox

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by MSAA9993, Mar 23, 2007.

1. MSAA9993

MSAA9993 Regular member

Im still undecided. I have a standard TV and the playstation 3 is so expensive because of of the HD it has. So what should I get??

2. chris0101

chris0101 Guest

people say its so expensive but to go HD with the xbox its stil loads

e.g with a game brand new a xbox is £299 or there abouts, say u then buy the wi fi adaptor (not built in like ps3!) its £60

and then buy the hd-dvd drive will add £129 to u

so in the end the total price is £488

if you ask me i would buy the playstation i bought one yday and its amazing, and everything is bult it

i love it

but the choice is up to u

3. MSAA9993

MSAA9993 Regular member

Does it still look good on standaard TV?

4. mrpike

mrpike Member

Sorry to sound like an old fart but give me good gameplay over graphics anytime. I remember when Myst first came out - awesome graphics. Drool drool etc etc... The game sucked but hey, it looked great!

Until I see some really good engaging games, I'm sticking with my 360. That, and I've spent frickin' hours and £££'s working out how to backup my games lol.

5. johnc1234

johnc1234 Regular member

yer i wanna know this too.

Im from the UK and playstation 3s were released last friday,unfortunately it will be a while since i get one, but ive been researching to make sure it is the right console for me to buy.

i looked at a online review and it mentioned that if the bluetooth joypad dies out, you can recharge it, but innevetably it will die and you will have to buy a new pad.

that does not make sense to me, it says that you can charge them up if they die, but innevetably they will die and you will have to buy a new one. could some one tell me what this means?

Last edited: Mar 25, 2007
  6. johnblaze

johnblaze Regular member

^^ I think it means that every rechargeable battery will eventually die and not be able to recharge anymore due to crystalization, it's a fact with everything (ipods, laptops, etc...), I don't know if the battery is built into the controller on the ps3 and not replaceable, but I guess if it is you would have to replace the whole controller when it dies, but I'm sure when that starts happening (which would probably be a long time from now) there will be a way to open it up and replace it manually, if one were inclined to do so.

To the original poster, both systems are pretty good, and I don't think you'll be unhappy with either, my advice would be to look at the exclusives that will be coming out in the next year (or are already out) and see if there are any that you would rather have, that may make the decision easier.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2007
  7. johnc1234

johnc1234 Regular member

yer the battery is built in to the pad, i just wanted to know what mhe meant by it"dieing out" lol. anyway thankyou for clearing that up. by the way, do you reaally need a HDTV. coz thats bad if you do.: (

8. WierdName

WierdName Regular member

No, you dont need a HDTV. Its better on it, but you dont need it.

9. johnc1234

johnc1234 Regular member

oh okay cool =]. is it much better with HDTV or is it near enough the same. also can you sort of download games and play them on ps2s hard drive?

10. zero129

zero129 Member

On a HDTV the image is more sharp and detailed, as in you can see distend objects and stuff more clear, and higher res textures etc.

But the games still look great on a SDTV.

11. Thoatih12

Thoatih12 Regular member

umm you dont really need the wireless adaptor thats just an option ethernet cord is just as easy(i think) and HD-DVD addon you do not need it its just and addon so why buy it..when he only has a stardard tv?...also its an addon just for people who want HD-DVD movies..

12. chris0101

chris0101 Guest

no sorry i didnt mean about him --^ i was jsut talking in general sorry again

13. Thoatih12

Thoatih12 Regular member

noo dont have to be sorry about i get what you where saying price wise about them..just in this case with a standard tv he dosent nee dit..but in other cases you'd be right..