1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps3 overheated

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by lemnur, Jan 10, 2008.

1. lemnur

lemnur Regular member

I was playing COD4 in Ps3 as I was angry at 360 because it had a 3 rings of death so I connected it and kept it beside my PS3 40 gb. the back exhaust of my ps3 was touching the exhaust of 360 and I left 360 switched on I continued my game after a while PS3 exhaust doubled its speed to cool itself but i was too absorbed in the game. 360 also started making more noise before I could realize PS3 swithced off and after that I cant swith it on. I have the receipt of ps3 and 360 the problem is that how should I say it to JB-HIFI what happened. (the problem is that i bought them straight away at the same time in the same shop both of them at the same tome are not working how should i frame it

2. NinReznor

NinReznor Regular member

switch the ps3 off totally and leave it for at least 24 hours, it has a mechanism to switch itself off when it overheats so it doesn't cook.
    have you got any red rings on the 360?
    if they both don't work then you can send the ps3 back to sony and x360 back to the store.

3. lemnur

lemnur Regular member

thanks a lot. 24 hours ok I will do that. The problem is that they both are about 26 days old an JB-HIFI said that they will repair if some problem occurs so what should I do

4. NinReznor

NinReznor Regular member

well if you take both back at the same time then it will look rather conspicuous, so take the X360 back to the store, they will give you a new one because of the known problems and then send the ps3 back to sony (if it doesn't work) and they will send you a new one.

5. lemnur

lemnur Regular member

Cool 360 is taken care of its comming back after few days and ps3 is a bit technical they are saying that we can replace the processor with a new onw or give me a new ps3 as the processor is the main part. What should I choose.

6. NinReznor

NinReznor Regular member

personally, a new ps3.

7. ziggi_83

ziggi_83 Regular member

Thats a console war right there

8. lemnur

lemnur Regular member

yep I will do that and I will get 1 year warrenty again