1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps3 password issue

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by hoopsmad, Jan 10, 2008.

1. hoopsmad

hoopsmad Member

can anyone help my ps3 wont allow me to enter a password when i try to connect online it doesnt give a reason or anything just enter 3-16 digit but first letter must be from alphabet is there something im doing wrong

2. ibizagti

ibizagti Regular member

Are you connecting wirelessly? Is it asking for the wireless access key to your wireless router?This has never happened to me on my PS3, but when i first set up my wireless internet at home i put in the wrong access key and whenever i tried to connect it asked me for the password.
    It may be worth checking the password (mine it is on a sticker on the bottom of the router) and going through the connection settings on the PS3 again.

This may not be the case, but if not im sure one of the more knowlegable members will be along soon to direct you further.

hope this helps,
    IBIZAGTI

3. hoopsmad

hoopsmad Member

ty m8 but my apologies its online id thats the problem sorry for posting wrong thing and wasting your time

4. JDreturns

JDreturns Member

I had a problem where my password wasn't recognised. Turns out when you enter it and press start, it adds a 'space' onto the end. You need to enter it without the space.

I hope this helps, but not quite sure which password screen you are talking about as there are several.

5. ibizagti

ibizagti Regular member

Ok mate, dont worry about it :)