1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS3 price drop hurt 360 sales?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by CrisKahn2, Jul 7, 2007.

1. CrisKahn2

CrisKahn2 Regular member

Starting 7/15, circut city is selling their 60 gig PS3 for $499

This may be a permanent price drop

If so...will this put a dent in 360 sales? Obviously the Elite is $479 (overpriced IMO), but for $20 more you can get a 60 gig PS3 with Bluray and built in wireless. All that which the Elite doesnt offer. You would have to add $299 for HD-DVD add on and a $99 wireless adaptor to the Elite for it to match the specs of the PS3.

With Bluray out selling HD DVDs about two times over...is this the end for the HD DVD attacment? Is MS going to have to compete with Sony by droping prices for the 360 as well?

Doesnt matter what happens really...cuz in the end the consumer wins because prices are dropping.

2. thegrunt

thegrunt Regular member

I dont think it will dent 360 sales because most likely Microsoft will respond with a price cut ot their own.

3. Smurff

Smurff Regular member

HD-DVD is $199 addon.

4. MichaelP1

MichaelP1 Guest

i would hate to be one of many idiots that bought a PS3 from E-Bay for 5000.00 plus this pass Christmas when there selling for 500.00 now lol

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2007
  5. swarmpack

swarmpack Regular member

my guess for the price drop is the major game that are coming out for the 360 in aguaust bishock comes out in september is halo 3 in october is assissans creed (also for the ps3)and in december is the much awaited halo wars. so just my two cents on the reason for the drop.

6. theridges

theridges Guest

yea it wont hurt M$ in anyway with Halo 3 Dropping and Assassins Creed.

7. BurningAs

BurningAs Regular member

yeap MS will probabaly also make a cut. adn with Halo3, they will move some consoles i have to say.

8. reprazent

reprazent Regular member

MS could easily drop the price by $100 too if they wanted (and IMO they should), and it's about the right time too. As far as I know there hasn't been a major pricecut yet for the 360, not even when PS3 launched so this is the right moment.

9. CrisKahn2

CrisKahn2 Regular member

and they did...only $50 bucks tho.

Now the PS3 is coming out with 80 gig modle for the original price of $599. So glad I didnt get a PS3 right away.