1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS3 slim HDD caddy help please

Discussion in 'PS3' started by Grouty, Jan 17, 2013.

1. Grouty

Grouty Member

hi all,

fairly new here so be gentle,

i am doing a favour for a guy at work. Ok he says he has a ps3 slim 12g and wants the HDD caddy for it so he can put a hard drive into it so i am trying to find one on e bay for him.
    I have searched endless threads and discussions on Google and have yet to come up with the definite answer.
    I have looked on e bay and people are trying to sell what they say is the slim caddy then when you look in the details they say its not for the slim or it's for the slim and not for the super slim.
    Anyway so after a lot of searching some people have stated that the part number for the slim caddy is CECH-ZCD1 then when you read the tech details on amazon they state that this is a super slim one.
    So does the same caddy fit both the slim and super slim, or do you need a different one for the 12g slim?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Brian

2. NY11725

NY11725 Member

I would assume the caddies are the same size because the 2.5" HDD's that fit the PS3 are all the same size.

3. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

Nope, all three models have different ones, the slim one looks like this:
    [​IMG] (sorry, couldn't find one without the harddrive in it)
    While the superslim one looks like this:
    [​IMG]
    You need one of these:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-Playst...703?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c6b3d7c7f

Last edited: Jan 25, 2013