1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS3 streaming through Nero MediaHome

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by Footie979, Jun 3, 2007.

1. Footie979

Footie979 Member

I've gotten my PS3 to recognize my Nero MediaHome server, but it lists these folders in the XMB that I can't find anywhere on my PC. Their names are "Collections," "Video," "Audio," etc. I enabled sharing in a folder that had a bunch of movies in it, but it doesn't come up in the PS3 XMB. Am I doing something wrong?

2. tyler123

tyler123 Regular member

just watched a few episodes of married a minute ago .i get the same lists,click on the video icon .it takes a bit of time for them to show .have seasons 4 to 11 showing up .even watched on me psp when went for a pee,just to see if i could

Last edited: Jun 3, 2007
  3. Footie979

Footie979 Member

About how long did you wait? The Status tab doesn't show any traffic going through.

4. tyler123

tyler123 Regular member

it found mp3 etc quick .all 30 gig of married took about 5 mins to show up on ps3

5. gkmpb4

gkmpb4 Regular member

As long as you chose the folders that you want to share whil in Nero media home. you should be ok.. Well I have another issue

Does anybody know what causes the media server to all of a sudden be unavailabe? thats the message I get from the PS3. Nero media eventually stops responding when i go back to my pc. which causes me to restart. NOt sure where to check first. THinking McAfee is eventually denying that access

6. tyler123

tyler123 Regular member

have the same problem occasionally .happens when i `up things` on me max limit @ `512 i assume ,am on 10 meg ntl/virgin . in july get 20 meg with `784` up i think, time will tell if this was the cause .

7. ooZEROoo

ooZEROoo Regular member

ive posted this else where but i cant get any media app to recognize my ps3 help me please