1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS3 Update Error During 1.82 Update

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by ibjaredu, Jun 29, 2007.

1. ibjaredu

ibjaredu Regular member

So, I download the update hearing their will be new RFOM maps today(which will most likely need a firmware update). The update downloaded without any errors, but when I went to install it I get an error at 53% (8002F14E). The console will reboot and will try to Install the update again but ultimately gives me the same error.

Any ideas, mates?

2. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

Sounds like it got corrupt while downloading. IS there anyway you can go back and re-download it?

3. ibjaredu

ibjaredu Regular member

well my next idea is to try and put the update on a CD and remove the HDD from the ps3

*Edit, took the HDD out and it will not start up at all. :(

Last edited: Jun 29, 2007
  4. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

Man i really don't know what to tell you. The darn thing should update fine. So did you try updating off a CD orignally or did you go to the network update icon and update from there?

5. ibjaredu

ibjaredu Regular member

well I used the update feature from the XMB.

I tried loading the update on a CD but that would not work (after trying the XMB System update)

So i took the harddrive out and put it back in and oddly enough the update finished without errors :)

thanks for your help mate

6. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

Well thats good, would of sucked if it messed up your system. The HDD might of been loose or just some systme error.

7. camarienz

camarienz Guest

heaps of folks out there have got same prob especially if you are connecting to the net on your PS through a Linksys WRT54 series wireless router , all after update 1.8

8. NexGen76

NexGen76 Regular member

I had the Linksys wrt54 ver 6 & i was having problem also i tryed everything for a month nothing worked them some people on PS.com told me to get this baby.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=2470291

No problem at all.All the disconnection & error problems are gone thank god.Give this router a try it worth it & its cheap.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2007