1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS3 Update Unpacker and 1.82 - UK PAL

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by bopran, Jul 23, 2007.

1. bopran

bopran Guest

Hi,

Can anyone point me to an unpacked version of the 1.82 xmb or an unpacker that works?
    I require UK Pal version or compatible please.

Have some investigating to do. Help much appreciated.

2. bopran

bopran Guest

Just wanted to float this thread back to the top before it gets too low on the list.
    Desperate for some advice on this one.

The only FW is can use so far with Unpacker is Jap.

Anyone know anything at all about unpacking a PAL (EUR) .PUP update file???????

3. anubis66

anubis66 Regular member

i dont think so. what would this be good for anyways?

4. bopran

bopran Guest

Ah dont worry i have done it now.
    I have FW 1.82 PAL unpacked and can now view all the files included in the update.

5. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Just like anubis66 said what good is going to come out of it,unless you know what your doing your not going to get anywhere.You need a bunch of knowledge on programming,which I doubt you have.No offense,but this isn't something you can just pick up and hack in a day.If that was the case all the devs would have hacked the PS3 when it came out,because extracting the firmware is nothing special.If you find out how to extract all the package files inside of the firmware,well then I give you kudos.The firmware file packages contain advanced encryption that is almost impossible to mess with.

6. bopran

bopran Guest

Im not planning on hacking it. Just looking at how it all works.
    If anything good springs to mind i will let you know.