1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS3 updates

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by booperq, Dec 6, 2007.

1. booperq

booperq Regular member

I just received my PS3 and said to do some updating but don't plan to hook it up online. Is there anyway to go to Playstation.com and download the updates and burn them on to a blank DVD, put them into my PS3 and install them that way? If so, I would I do that?

2. Bawango

Bawango Regular member

Yes, I believe you can burn the update into a disc. Also if you have any of the memory cards that fits into one of the ports on the PS3, you can update that way. All you have to do is make a folder in the memory card, name is "PS3" and then within the PS3 folder, make another folder and name it "UPDATE". If this does not help you I am sure you can find a thread within this forume that will show you step by step on how to update your PS3's firmware other than doing its via the interweb :)

3. kesma594

kesma594 Member

4. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

Yeah, I agree. If you can you should definitely hook it up online. You can also use a thumb drive to transfer the update file onto your PS3. Or temporarily hook your PS3 up.