1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps3 versions which one is best?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by BoDBoD, Jan 10, 2007.

1. BoDBoD

BoDBoD Guest

hi everyone i just bought a ps3 off ebay that was meant to be a japanese version ps3 but when i recieved the item it was to my surprise a us version. im thinking about swapping for a japanese one do you think this is a good idea? i heard that the jap version is better does anyone know why? oh yeah and i live in australia.thankyou 4 all your help

2. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

are you pal or NTSC?

3. XEnigmaX

XEnigmaX Regular member

Australia is PAL. If you want to play old PS2/PS1 games, you should defenitly think about swapping for a JAP PS3. All PS3 games, from any part of the world, will run on both, so if you just want PS3 games and Blu-ray, stick with the one you have.

4. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

If you want to play your DVDs and your PS2 games get a Jap.

5. error5

error5 Regular member

Japan does not use PAL. Japan uses NTSC-J. It's better if BoDBoD waits for an Australian PAL unit if he wants to play PAL games and DVD's.

6. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

oh crap! Duh! I knew that! Sorry for the false info! Arrg. Idon't have a "F" key on my keyboard, I lost it it is so hard to type lol!

7. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

It is wise to get the version where it represented the country or region (i.e. where you lived). Since I'm in the US, the US version is what I owned now.

So if you're in Australia, then maybe just wait a little bit until it's released. However, I've heard that the PS3 is region free -- so the choice is yours. That being said, if you're in a rush to get one, then I suggest you do more research or google the net to make sure it's capable of playing NTSC or PAL prior to purchase one.

8. blacGoku

blacGoku Regular member

I would have to say wait as well , time flys by so fast these days . I would like to have a Japanese Ps2 or Ps3 so I can play Bleach and Fist of the North Star . That stinks I wish they would make an american version, from the videos I seen the games look nice.