1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ps3 vs Wii vs 360

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by ps3rocks, Feb 15, 2007.

1. ps3rocks

ps3rocks Member

hmmm... I came on this site mostly to find torrent help but now i can see it's for general everything that's good to know lol. I checked around the site but i didn't really come up on any good thread discussing the new systems. A lot of people say ps3 is just as good as 360 but at a much higher price. Well that's bull right there. 360 is a very good game system but ps3 is a very good media center.

Here's what i would rate them all on price and gaming/media.
    GAMING-Nintendo Wii-4/5
    Xbox 360-3/5
    Playstion 3-5/5

PRICES- Wii -5/5
    Xbox 360- 4/5
    Ps3-3/5

So you can see that overall wii gets a 9/10, ps3 gets a 8/10 and 360 gets a 7/10. So wii wins but only because it's a crazy new idea and it's so good for the prices. ps3 is the best for gaming purposes although it doesn't have lots of games but 360 still has great graphics for a good price!!! Feel free to debate on any of this!!!

2. oofRome

oofRome Regular member

what games did you play for each system?

i'm just curious because it seems to me that the 360 has the most content (and a lot of award winning content, I might add), yet you gave it the lowest gaming score.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2007
  3. gerikoh

gerikoh Regular member

i'd say ps3 for power.
    360 for market friendly.
    wii for innovation.

:)

4. game_god

game_god Guest

Oh no, not another 360 vs. ps3 vs. wii thread. SIGH.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2007
  5. ctg023

ctg023 Member

My personal opinion is PS3 over the XBOX, But I am also gonna buy a WII. It is all about what you like. Try them out for yourself, before you buy.

6. sniper78

sniper78 Regular member

I played excite truck w/e for wii it was no more fun than the demo of motor storm. Xbox 360 my siter boy friend has it and it gets boring quick. I say ps3 hasnt gotten old yet.

7. CrisKahn2

CrisKahn2 Regular member

yay more console versus threads...

As of this point ppl are sick of wii sports and zelda so the wii is boring right now...

Also with the PS3 nothing is that exciting besides Resistance...

But the 360 is full of games that have ppl going crazy for and why is that? Cuz its been out over a year.

So there is no point really to compare the 3 consoles when 2 of them are brand new and doesnt have enough good games yet to discuss.

Maybe next year...

Off the topic but have anyone read this months issue of EGM? I wonder how much money Nintendo paid them to bash the PS3 and using it as their main article and having another article on how extremly fun the wii is when old ladies play it (when half the time they didnt even know what the hell was goin on)

8. oofRome

oofRome Regular member

So the possibility that EGM is just reiterating current trend is out of the question?

9. ps3rocks

ps3rocks Member

i personally thing that ps3 is probably the best system out there but im not saying 360 is bad. Another thing is if you had xbox you're mostly gonna buy 360 and same with the other systems. I've tried 360 and ps3 because im not sure what to buy. I have ps2 and i've had psx so i have been following the sony series. Now im thinking about buying a wii because it's something really new lol

10. ps3rocks

ps3rocks Member

11. Jlhfit

Jlhfit Regular member

Yeah but Ps3 is made up of First Generation games... PS3 hasnt even began to unleash its power in gaming, wait till 30 and 60 gig blue rays come out... I love SONY! I have never cared for Xbox.. Played it once in a store.. I just think Microsoft should stick to PC's... Nintendo- I grew up on..I remember the first day it came out, those where the days... Regardless of which system is "better" they all have ups and downs. Sony has badass Graphics, but right now the content is pretty lame, Xbox has descent graphics but better content,and a "name", Nintendo, I think is one of the best overall systems.I still play my old Nintendo and SNES Roms...

12. ps3rocks

ps3rocks Member

lol yea ness is still fun to play everynow and then and your right, it's a little to early to say that ps3 is good or bad because it hasn't released any amazing games but give it a year and it'll be on the top. Still i have to admit that wii is an cool idea, it's not your every day gaming system and i think they changed it up because nintendo gamecube just sucked except for some good games every now and then

13. dazila

dazila Regular member

Wii sports is boring ya but I dont think zelda is I mean?,This is a fact still since launch "Since Launch for Every 4 Wii consoles sold 3 out of 4 consoles Were bought with The Zelda Game" I dont think a game thats boring sells like that Thats like saying Kingdom Hearts is boring Kingdom Hearts isnt boring might be to some wierd people.

Wii sports is Overhyped its boring there is nothing in it.

The Ps3 is becoming a bit boring no good games you would think after the launch of Ps2 in 01 with some of the best games in the 6th Gen (GTAII,GT3) that they would improve on that instead they went very poor this time around maybe 2 good launch games resistance for one.
    At the Moment Ps3 might be the most boring.

360 is just lucky it has had teh 1 year head start that means it has ots of games Id say its the least boring out of the 3.

14. ps3rocks

ps3rocks Member

First of all kingdom hearts is probably one of the best disney games and people say it sucks before they even try it. Your saying that wii is getting boring and so is ps3 but that's cause they're still new so they haven't unleashed they're gaming potential yet unlike 360 and your right , 360 is probably the best right now but only because they got a head start so they already have some good games.

15. tmfloria

tmfloria Active member

16. nodroG479

nodroG479 Member

i would totally do the ps3 chick over the wii chick any day

17. ps3rocks

ps3rocks Member

wow ur messed up then

18. irelevant

irelevant Guest

all systems are good it just depends on what you want. for absolute raw gaming it is the xbox 360 then in a close second ps3 than wii. for price it would seem the wii is the best, but in reality with every thing you get with the ps3 such as blu ray a free ps3 charger, 60 gig hard drive, and everything else. ps3 is also the best all around media center even though x360 could be as good of a media center but you will have to spend alot of money.

19. ps3rocks

ps3rocks Member

that's not completely true; people have started to take ps3 as media center and xbox 360 as a better gaming system. Ps3 just hasn't released any great games but when they do they'll probably blow the heck out of 360. Although i don't think anything ps3 releases will be better than halo 3!!

20. zero129

zero129 Member

Ok, how can you put the 360 at 7/10 when at the moment its got the best games out of all 3 systems on it???.