1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS3 WITH PLASMA TV

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by hellanic1, Apr 27, 2007.

1. hellanic1

hellanic1 Member

Hi guys my name is karlos and new to this website.

I have a slight question reguarding the ps3 with a plasma HDMI.

I already have a ps3 and what i would like to do is get a resolution of 1080p/i or maybe 720p.

Im not sure about the hdmi, but i looked at a lg plasma with a resolution of 852 x 480p.(Good priced at about $1500 aus)

My question to use is will the HD output from the ps3 generate my tv to play at 1080i/p or must i get a better plasma that supports a higher resolution?

Your reconmendations will be most appreciated.

Thank you hear from you soon.

2. nax0101

nax0101 Regular member

ye, you need a plasma with a higher resolution for 720p the resolution needs to be
    1280x720

and for 1080 p the resoltion needs to be

1920 x 1080

3. Sudds

Sudds Active member

Alot of LCD/PLASMA arent 1080p compatible yet, (but getting there) most are 1080i, to the untrained eye theres not alot of difference between i/p.

i means interlaced and only half of the screen is displayed at one time, but because its refreshing that fast you see the complete picture.
    p means progressive and the whole screen is displayed at one time.

Try and get as high a res that you can and 1080i/p compatible.
    My advice would be to save a few more quid and purchase the Sony Bravia, which has true HD.

4. DBM_Bones

DBM_Bones Regular member

You can set the PS3 to run at 720P, this will work on most plasma's and unless your going bigger then 50" then it will be hard to tell the differance. If your getting a cheep plasma tho, I'd be carfull about screen burn, LCD may be a better option. I'd get a 40" samsung 720P LCD TV myself, as your budget is only $1500