1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS3 XMB hole found!! ISO's w/Vid

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by sniper78, Jun 7, 2007.

1. sniper78

sniper78 Regular member

this is it the hole they found. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXNH6gnLETA&eurl=http://ps3news.com/

Last edited: Jun 7, 2007
  2. Jlhfit

Jlhfit Regular member

hmmmmm..........For the first time in months, someone is getting somewhere...

3. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Haha lol so the hack wasn't discovered by hacked2123,it was discovered by Sony themselves.The other thing I wanted to mention was the Sony SDK he is using is probably made for v1.11 firmware,not for anything higher so it doesn't really do people any good if they have anything higher than that.They need to focus on the OtherOS option,and instead of making a bootloader make a boot disc instead.That way it won't make a difference what firmware you run on.I'm not dumb when it comes to consoles,but when it comes to programming I don't have the experience to code something that advanced.I don't think it would be that hard though if you are experienced in coding though,and all I have to say is good job Sony for leaking their own SDK.

4. bopran

bopran Guest

Whats that suppose to mean?
    I have 1.8 FW and im sure i have this!

Explain!!

5. Jlhfit

Jlhfit Regular member

its good to know this... but I dont have a blueray burner or blue ray disc... Im pretty sure it would be cheaper just to buy the game.. Let me know when you can reconize iso's off the hdd...

6. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Actually Jlhfit give it some time man,and Blu-Ray burners and the discs should go down in price bro.I seen off http://www.newegg.com they are selling the discs for $14 bucks,around the same time Dvd-DL media came out it was priced the same.I seen a Phillips Blu-Ray burner off that site also priced at $500.I think in 6 months they will probably go down in price.

7. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Actually Jlhfit give it some time man,and Blu-Ray burners and the discs should go down in price bro.I seen off http://www.newegg.com they are selling the discs for $14 bucks,around the same time Dvd-DL media came out it was priced the same.I seen a Phillips Blu-Ray burner off that site also priced at $500.I think in 6 months they will probably go down in price.

8. sniper78

sniper78 Regular member

lol good point, but as everyone has said burners drop price quick. dvd burners were expensive, dual layers were, now blu rays r the ones. we will prolly be able to buy burned blu rays from people.

9. footylad

footylad Guest

this plus the other developments this week = an emulator similar to Devihook

10. Jlhfit

Jlhfit Regular member

Yeah Ill prolly wait around till prices drop on the blueray burner.. I would like for blue ray movies anyways...

11. sniper78

sniper78 Regular member

Why did PDX all of a sudden finally decide to come out of the closet since all this news is "heating the ps3 scene up".

12. sam1dog

sam1dog Regular member

Exactly, it seems like here we go again with Paradox when all this other news is coming out.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2007
  13. Jlhfit

Jlhfit Regular member

Paradox sees someone else is getting close, so they have to make an appearance so people say oh wait Paradox hasnt given the approval that this could be it..........

14. sam1dog

sam1dog Regular member

yep

15. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

What is the point of saying you are close? When you "supposedly" have the loophole already? Instead of having people waste time on finding the hole PDX should have released whatever info they had so as to skip the invested time of just finding the loophole to begin with!

I mean seriously...if PDX says "We can't release it because it doesn't work on Euro PS3's" why then say you are close? What is the point? If PDX had ANY info to begin and released whatever they had the scene would have been leaps and bounds farther than it is right now! Because people would have then invested more time to other areas (including a Euro fix) instead of 4 months later with a little loophole....

Man I am so pissed I am just repeating myself in the same post!

16. sniper78

sniper78 Regular member

Ya I have been annoyed sitting on 1.32 fw, but eh if you see all the progress that is going on at ps3news.com you would be surprised. I'm mean people are trying something everywhere, but pdx is the past. People are not waiting for pdx anymore and going off finding loopholes themselves which they have accomplished. We are very close to something here. I actually got a backuped ps2 to run without ne mods.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2007
  17. nax0101

nax0101 Regular member

how did u get it to work wihotu any mods?

18. sam1dog

sam1dog Regular member

The guy in the video burned the game to a dvd-r since it could fit, do you guys think if he burned the game on a blu-ray disc that would have made any difference?

19. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

That is the assumption.

20. sniper78

sniper78 Regular member

In my last post I said "I got a ps2 backup to run without ne mods" It booted and then gave me an error message." But I actually got it to show up as a ps2 game.