1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS3 YDL 5.0 Help

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by kornkid1, Feb 17, 2008.

1. kornkid1

kornkid1 Member

hi Newbie here new to the board

i just installed ydl 5.0 on my ps3 and i cant figure out how to do much of anything first the screen is wayyy to big and when i go to screen resolution i get a message i can type if anyone want to know what it is ..i tryed something i read with going to the ps3videomode and putting ps3videomode -v 131 and then i went in and did the rest of what it said and nothing .. i dont know if you can but can you not put icon on the desktop ?? and when i go to youtube and try to watch video the java installed i need comes up and when i double click the isntall nothing happens please someone help me !! my screen name is kornkidd1021 if your on aim and can give me some help or jsut respond here

2. xsketchx

xsketchx Member

For the screen resolution settings, and personally I use Ubuntu, but you need to actually find out what resolution you need, for example, if you select one which means 50" LCD and your on a 19" monitor, it's not going to fit... And every install of YDL is different, so you will need to check your own

On Ubuntu its ps3videomode -v -r 1 for my particular monitor, but YDL is completely different find out what yours is... Secondly, it could be your TV needs adjusting on the Axis, when Linux is installed on a PS3, it reset's the Other OS default graphics output resolution, so it needs re-setting up on the TV

And as for your other problem, YDL uses a different source code to most linux's, I know this for a fact as my cousin worked on the YDL project, alot of extra programming went in to YDL, just to make it perfect on the PS3, and it pretty much is... Failing that after a restart or two you still have the same problems, uninstall it and start again, and if it's cracked or downloaded illegally, get a real copy, some of the pirate ones are purposefully fcuk'd up, you could even find it formatting your HDD... It's a failsafe that went into YDL to stop any damage to the system, I.E. A virus ect... It wont let it onto the PS3, it will just wipe itself out... And many newbies/crackers (both in the same skill level) take advantage of this and purposefully mess around with it

And by the crack I made at newbie/cracker's, I meant that cracker's have no skill what so ever, should learn to spell, and learn to program properly!

Much love, Jamie (Yes I'm being stupid)